Thursday, June 3, 2010

Embellished Shirt

Here is an outfit that I made for my daughter, Kyana.
I made the ruffle skirt, took a piece of the stripe fabric, and went to buy a shirt to match. Well, the only the stripe fabric had yellow in it, the flower fabric didn't. So, I wanted a way to pull it all together. Here's what I did.


I took both fabrics, cut out 2 flower shapes, one a little larger than the other, used rick rack for the stem, and a little green from my stash for the leaves. I finished it off by adding a button to the center of the flower.

It's a fun outfit that my daughter loves to wear.
My only complaint is that I would have liked to see the bottom ruffle be a little longer.
**Mental note for next time.**



Linked on Lilac Lane!

3 comments:

Sew Pretty Dresses said...

What a cute skirt! And look at your flower! Ha! How cool is that? Great minds thinking alike! Love it!

Melissa Stramel said...

This is so cute! Thanks so much for entering in the contest.

Lisa said...

I love that fabric! So cute!

 
(c) Copyright 2011 It's Time to Sew. Blog Design by Zany Dezines.